Thursday, October 8, 2009

I have dark brown hair, blue eyes, fair skin and freckles.....?

I have two questions...



First is this a very common combination?



Second of what descent do I look like I am??(I included a picture)



http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee139...



I'm just really curious.



I have dark brown hair, blue eyes, fair skin and freckles.....?

Please...



http://rwguide.rootsweb.com/



Here is one of many guides online on how to trace your heritage.



Physical appearance has absolutely NOTHING to do with tracing your family. There are probably millions of persons in the world who have similiar appearance... and who come from anywhere.



Genealogy and genetics both have to do with family, but there is a huge difference as to how they are "worked". Researching your family is based in finding actual records that confirm who your parents (grandparents, gr grandparents) were. There is no guessing involved. In fact, when you start guessing, you have left genealogy. ALL of it is based in factual information.



If you were working with information (like the name of a grandparent, many here could zoom to their favorite source, and very possibly pull up a record of your grandparent's immigration date to the US, the village in %26lt;fill in the blank%26gt; where they were born, or where they are buried.



I have researched for 25+ years, and totally LOVE seeing new people find their heritage. You would be amazed at what you can learn.



I have dark brown hair, blue eyes, fair skin and freckles.....?

You need a lot more info to determine someone's racial origins - my husband has blue eyes, brown hair, red beard. From tracing back his ancestors, step by step, we found that his great grandparents were from Lativa and his father's family were recently some Irish, but originally, Portuguese.



His colouring suggests that the Latvian ancestors may have inherited some Viking DNA.



My DNA puts my Mother's original ancestors East of where Moscow is today, so Asian; I have reddish brown hair and green eyes, but a lot of French names creep in on my father's side back in the 1600's.



You could have your DNA tested which will give some pointers, but better still, if you haven't done so already, why don't you join the ancestor trail and see where it leads?



I have dark brown hair, blue eyes, fair skin and freckles.....?

Your hair doesn't look "dark brown" to me - it looks reddish brown. I think you look Irish.

No comments:

Post a Comment