Thursday, October 8, 2009

I want to dye my hair blue. What's the process?

I want to dye my hair blue, and since i have a burgundy color to my hair, I know I should bleach it. But I have no clue what I should do, how long I should wait after bleaching to dye my hair blue, and that stuff. What's the whole process of it?



Does anyone recommend any specific name brands or have any advice?



Also, I would like to know, for those people who have bleached their hair, if they did it at home or went to a salon. If you went to a salon, what would be the average price for it?



Thank you all in advance! :D



I want to dye my hair blue. What's the process?

Go to Sally Beauty supply if possible. If your hair is dark you will need 30 volume, creme or liquid. And the lightening powder. (just tell them what you are up to, they will direct you in the right way) Then, do the blue. You will not need to bleach it completely, just lighten it enough so that you can tell it will be blue. Strand test first to make sure you get the color you desire.



If you can't get to sally beauty supply, go to walmart kmart or target and get frost and glow. you don't have to use the directions they give you for the cap and all, you can apply it to your whole head (of course only where you want blue) if your hair is long i would suggest getting two of these boxes, read the front to get the one that is for your hair type (dark, medium light) I really hope this helps and good luck!!!



I want to dye my hair blue. What's the process?

uuuuuhhhmm



I want to dye my hair blue. What's the process?

Your going to have to bleach it.



I went to a drugstore and bought Feria bleach.



You will want to wait at least 4 weeks before dying it blue.



You can get the blue dye at Sally's Beauty Supply.



Or you could always go to a salon.



It would cost between $50-$100 to bleach it depending on the salon.



I want to dye my hair blue. What's the process?

hey! I just did this to my hair.



I bleached a few streaks underneath my hair with White Out Bleach from Hottopic. It's basically a powder bleach, I'm sure you can get it at any beauty supply store! Just make sure it's strong enough to get the red out.



Alright next, it is actually better to dye your hair blue right after you bleach it because the bleach will make your hair porous and take the blue dye in well. Did you want a temporary or permanent color? If temporary, don't get Manic Panic. It does not stay very long and it faces super fast! I got Special Effects and it works a lot better!



Since temporary fades too fast for my liking, I tried using something more permanent, called Loreal Color Rays, which I think it supposed to be permanent. It's been awhile and it's ony faded just a little bit! I think they make it in a blue. I got it in Fuschia Flash, and it looks like hot pink, which looks pretty awesome!



I just looked, it doesn't come in blue, but I'm sure there are permanent!!!



Rule of thumb to make sure blue hair color doesnt fade: try not to wash it too much and use a color protecting shampoo and conditioner!



I want to dye my hair blue. What's the process?

How To Color Your Hair



http://geebal.blogspot.com/2007/10/how-t...



How to Pick the Right Hair Color



http://geebal.blogspot.com/2007/10/how-t...

No comments:

Post a Comment