Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I'd like to dye my hair blue for a character costume, however I have a corporate job, therefore

The thing is, I know my boss and my environment on a casual enough level that I believe I would be able to pull this off. Also, it's not like it's going to be a blue mess, the hair is very intricate. However, I have never seen anybody with blue hair that doesn't attract unwanted attention, and well, as illogical as that sounds, I don't want to just have blue hair for the costume, but have it until it grows out or until I change styles. I would be willing to do a temporary blue, but as far as I have found, all temporary coloring looks bad. So, considering I want to still look professional and respectable at work, yet I want to get the nicest shade of blue I can, what do you guys have in mind? I already have long hair at work, the policy is really not that men can't have long hair, it's just basically as long as you look good/respectable, but I'm just afraid blue is stepping over the line.



I'd like to dye my hair blue for a character costume, however I have a corporate job, therefore...?

do what chicks do. wear a wig. (to the event, not to work!)



depends on your budget. and blue is hardly a natural color for hair...



I'd like to dye my hair blue for a character costume, however I have a corporate job, therefore...?

okay try hot topic. i dyed my hair blue last summer with their blue hair dye and it washes out in like less than 30 days especially if you go swimming a lot.. but be careful because the first few times you shower it will rinse the extra stuff out so dont jump into a swimming pool right after you dye your hair.



I'd like to dye my hair blue for a character costume, however I have a corporate job, therefore...?

Go for temporary and just add alot or you can dye the ends of your hair blue than cut it off before you go to work.



I'd like to dye my hair blue for a character costume, however I have a corporate job, therefore...?

If it is for work, they probably won't mind as long as it isn't permanent. You can usually get blue dye at places like Ulta Cosmetics, Sally Beauty Supply, or pay the extra money and have a salon professionally do it, then they can take it out after several trips back to the salon because it takes awhile to get your hair back to its natural color. Just depends on how dramatic you want to go and how much you can afford. Good luck and enjoy!



I'd like to dye my hair blue for a character costume, however I have a corporate job, therefore...?

Use spray dye. It washes right out. Not all temporary hair dye looks bad. Just as long as you don't buy the cheapest crap out there. N'Rage is good. Or, you could go semi-permanent and try Manic Panic.



I'd like to dye my hair blue for a character costume, however I have a corporate job, therefore...?

use weave. you can clip it in, glue it in or sew it in. this way once the character costume situation is done you can just take it out and go on about your day. if you glue it you should buy a certain shampoo to remove the glue



I'd like to dye my hair blue for a character costume, however I have a corporate job, therefore...?

paul mitchell has a line called ink works. although you have to be a professional to purchase these products. you can go to a local salon that uses paul mitchell products and im sure they can work something for you.



ink works is a semi permanant hair color. it just goes on topical really unlike permanant which saturated deep into the hair. ink works does not damage hair and washes out usually within a week or 2....unless u wash your hair a lot for the next 2 or 3 days.....

No comments:

Post a Comment