Sunday, July 26, 2009

How do you get semi-perminent blue hair dye out?

I dyed my hair blue about 5 times because I really liked it. I didn't bleach it beforehand. Then it turned to a greenish color, which I hate so I'd dye it blue again. Now I'd like to go back to my original hair color (which is light brown) and nothing I've tried so far has worked. I don't want to use hair stripper or bleach. Ideas?



thanx



How do you get semi-perminent blue hair dye out?

Unfortunately there is no way to remove that color without a bleach or stripper. The color is deeply deposited and the only way to get it out is with a peroxide product.



This should be done at a salon by someone experienced in corrective color.



On the positive side, once the hair color is out then you can have your hair colored to the shade of your natural coloring. It will fade but you can continue to redo the parts that lighten, not redoing the new growth of your natural hair.



I've been doing corrective coloring for years, it's just not that easy.



Note about a comment above.... if you indeed can lighten your hair enough by washing, to get it to a light green, do NOT use your normal hair color to dye it. You will need something with a reddish tone to it in order to counteract the green. This will give you a neutral brown.



If you use a nuetral brown instead of the red-brown, you will still have green-brown hair.



How do you get semi-perminent blue hair dye out?

I don't know if you can go back to the exact color, but try washing it until it is a very light green/aqua (I hated it when that happened) and try a permenant dye that matches your original hair color. Since it is brown it will probably cover the blue up. Or, you might just try black or a darker brown. I had black hair so the black dye just covered the blue right up.



How do you get semi-perminent blue hair dye out?

my aunt owns a hair salon and she said when they do people's hair too dark there, they tell them that they are doing an extra conditioning rinse and they wash their hair in dishwashing liquid, that will get it as light as you can get it, then you want to find a hair dye that is close to your original color and dye it that color.



alternatively, since it is only semi-permanent you could just wash it 28 times or whatever the number of washes is. but liquid Joy might help.



How do you get semi-perminent blue hair dye out?

what you can do is make a shampoo with 2 parts cream devloper and 3 parts shampoo wash hair with this in and it should take the color out a lil faster



How do you get semi-perminent blue hair dye out?

Well, unfortunately the only way I could think of getting *close* to your original hair color is to bleach you hair (sorry) and then dye it again. Alternatively, if you didn't bleach your hair out before dying it blue, it could possibly fade back to being somewhat close to it's original color if you washed it ALOT with really strong soap (liquid hand soap works really well, the concentrated kind). It's doubtful that it would be light brown, but a dark or tinted brown is possible. It sort of depends on how good the dye you were using was.



In my experience the best way to go is just grow it out and cut out the old color, but that's not exactly a quick fix, now is it?



My final suggestion and answer: Bleach it, and dye it to your 'natural' color. Bleaching is no fun, and not really good for you hair, but what your asking almost certainly requires it. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment