Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Recommend a blue hair toner?

I was looking for a blue hair toner at Sally's Beauty Supply store but I couldn't find one that wasn't for blondes or one that wasn't a color + with a toner base. The lady who worked there had no idea what I was talking about and said to buy Brass Buster by Clairol which is basically a color with a blue base toner. I don't want/need to color my hair again. Is there a toner brand that is specifically for brunettes with brassy hair that is just a toner itself? Thanks to those who reply.



Recommend a blue hair toner?

Hello, I unfortunately need more info. Did you color it for it to be brassy? How long ago was it colored? Exactly how light or dark is it? I will re post when you add info.



I think you should re-lighten the highlights like you said, then you need to go to sally's and pick a color that has a blue or a violet base (it should say it below the number or the shade name) I like wella color charm the best for toning. Then you need to purchase a small bottle of 10 volume peroxide. In a small tint bottle mix equal parts 10 volume, color, and shampoo apply to hair and leave on for 5-10 minutes. It is called a shampoo cap and I use it all the time for people who color their own hair at home and it works great good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment